2. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold.
In dealing with you we may collect personal information including your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address and driver's license number.
3. How we collect and hold personal information.
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, when you contact or deal with us. We also collect personal information from third parties, for example finance or insurance companies providing related services to you.
We protect this information in a number of ways. It is kept in secure locations, and access to it is restricted to those who have the appropriate authorization under our policies. Where we share the information with third parties we ensure they also have appropriate policies and security in place. When the information is no longer required, it is de-identified, deleted, or securely destroyed.
4. How we use and disclose personal information.
We collect and use your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- To enable us to properly respond to your request about purchasing a vehicle, parts, service or repair, finance or insurance.
- To provide you with information about products or offers.
- To enable us to arrange for you things like vehicle registration, finance or insurance.
- To contact you in the event of a vehicle recall or program or any warranty matters.
- To maintain records for accounting, administrative and legal requirements.
- To provide your details to the vehicle manufacturer for warranty purposes or to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- For other purposes related to your dealings with us.
5. How you may access your personal information.
You may access your personal information by contacting us. You can contact the Avon Valley Nissan staff member you usually deal with, or email us at email@example.com to make this request. We will then arrange with you a convenient time and means for you to have access.
If at any time you believe that any personal information of yours that we hold is incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and advise us of the correct information, and we will amend our records.
6. How you may make a privacy complaint.
If you have a complaint about the way we hold or use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com, stating your concern, and how you would like your complaint resolved. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you with our findings and our proposed action, within 30 days. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint of the investigation, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
7. Transfer of personal information overseas.
Avon Valley Nissan may disclose personal information (including credit information) to overseas recipients in order to provide their products and/ or services and for administrative or other management purposes.
Our business is affiliated with other businesses located overseas, such as vehicle manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers. In the course of doing business with you, we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients. However, we will only do so where:
- it is necessary to complete the transaction you have entered into; and
- you have provided consent; or
- we believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas recipient is required to deal with your personal information by enforceable laws which are similar to the requirements under the APPs; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
While it is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients may be located, recipients of such disclosures is likely to include countries where the parent company of our franchises exist, such as Japan and Germany.
8. Changes to our policy
Our Contact details are:
Avon Valley Nissan
Address: 47 Fitzgerald Street, Northam, WA 6401
Phone: (08) 9621 1311
9. Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other Websites. We are not responsible for the Privacy Policies of other sites.